- Planning, installation, configuration, monitoring and deployment of Solaris/Linux Servers.
- Analyze and resolve problems with server hardware setup, tuning and troubleshooting all aspects of the Sun Solaris operating system (Solaris 10) and Linux (OEL-Oracle Enterprise Linux/Red Hat).
- Evaluating and applying packages and security patches on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Developing new UNIX scripts to support task automation and monitoring activities.
- Perform disaster recovery testing.
- Maintain current knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment and systems.
- Reporting on system availability, performance and security compliance.
- Initiate new responsibilities and help to plan for the future growth.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and standards, ensuring conformance with information systems and objectives.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and respond within defined SLA metrics to issues logged in the company ticketing system.
- Must be an expert in Solaris 10 Operating Systems and open source Linux flavor Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge in Solaris networking services and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, DHCP/BOOTP, FTP, SSH, Kerberos, Sendmail, and LDAP.
- Must be familiar with Veritas high availability products, specifically VCS (Veritas Clustering Server), Veritas Volume Manager, and Veritas File System.
- Self-starter and innovative.
- Excellent team player with good professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail and accuracy.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Required/must have the following skills:
- 5+ years in UNIX field with the required technical experience listed above.
- Direct interaction with business analysts.
- Solaris 10/Linux system administration certification is desired but not required.
Required/Must have: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related.