- Analyzing database design requests and creating databases according to client needs.
- Developing PL/SQL modules such as packages, triggers, procedures and functions.
- Heavily involved in Performance Tuning at the application level.
- Developing reports using Oracle reports.
- Developing UNIX Shell scripts that will interact with the PL/SQL Objects.
- Document and perform unit testing for all components prior to migrating them to production.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in Oracle 10G/11G, PL/SQL, SQL.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong understanding of Relational Database Management Systems including design, normalization, indexing, tuning, etc.
- Experience in coding PL/SQL program units.
- Experience and knowledge in various application tuning techniques.
- Understanding of UNIX operating system and the ability to code and understand UNIX Shell scripting.
- Understanding of any Oracle Developer tools such as Reports Builder.
- Self-starter and innovative.
- Excellent team player with good professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail and accuracy.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Required/must have the following skills:
- 5+ year application development with the required technical experience listed above.
- Direct interaction with business analysts.
Required/Must have: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related.