For US Navy customers, procuring services through SeaPort-e is fast with easier to process solicitation documentation and requirements. Contracts issued through SeaPort-e are considered Task Orders (TO) and are governed by the terms and conditions of the awarded SeaPort-e Prime contract.
To initiate a contract, Navy customers identify what Zone the work is to be performed, create their standard solicitation package and upload through the SeaPort-e portal. Through the portal, the Task Order RFP is published for competition to those prime contractors qualified in the Zone where the work is to be performed. Prime contractors in that zone submit their proposals through the SeaPort-e portal for evaluation. The customer evaluates the proposals, and makes an award.
Significant benefits of using SeaPort-e:
- Electronic Procurement — SeaPort-e procurements occur electronically through a single NAVSEA portal. Customers use their local Contracting Offices and Contracts Administrators to register and process procurement documents.
- Fast Procurement Timelines — Procurements on SeaPort-e are streamlined, and Navy customers decide the procurement timeline.
- Less Procurement Documentation — Standard contract clauses, terms and conditions, or solicitation data are covered by the all-encompassing SeaPort-e contract.
- Flexibility — SeaPort-e contracts can be for large, complex, high value services, or to procure small dollar value procurements with small RFP packages.
M-Square Quality Assurance
M-Square’s Quality Assurance Program (QAP) is based on the philosophy of always being responsive to our customers – meeting and exceeding their expectations – and providing them with the very best products and services on-time and within budget. The cornerstone of our program is the belief that quality is not accidental, but rather a mind-set demonstrated by the firm’s top executives and instilled among all professional staff members. Key elements of our QAP are as follows:
- Assigning the right people to each job to ensure its success
- Holding staff members accountable for the quality of their work
- Motivating employees to “go the extra mile” for our clients
- Maintaining a work environment that fosters continuous process improvement
- Taking nothing for granted; constantly measuring our progress and performance
- Listening to our clients and quickly addressing any issues or concerns.
Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan/Performance Metrics
For Seaport-e tasks, we will also implement a formal Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) and dedicate the resources necessary to effectively and systematically evaluate overall performance at established project milestones. Performance metrics will be defined to ensure that quality service is always being delivered, including:
- Personnel Management – to measure our ability to provide fully-qualified personnel in response to changing situations and short term projects as well as select, retain, support, and replace personnel as needed to meet task requirements.
- Technical Performance Management – to measure the acceptability of/satisfaction with our work products and services in terms of content, contribution, usability, and level of support provided. These measures will be tailored to the deliverable items specified by the task requirements.
- Schedule Management – to measure the timeliness of our deliverables, monthly progress reports, technical briefings, presentations, and other critical activities in accordance with the integrated master plan for all project tasks.
- Cost Management – to measure our ability to forecast, track, and control labor and non-labor costs (e.g., planned vs. actual, burn rates) and to introduce cost-saving measures.
M-Square’s efforts in these areas are buoyed by best practices and lessons learned from many years of hands-on experience with the Software Engineering and application development processes.
Quality Management Board
M-Square also conducts periodic Seaport-e Program Reviews by our in-house Quality Management Board. This Board is chaired by the President of M-Square with our Senior Vice President and Contracts/Legal Advisor as standing members, and be supported by select subject matter experts as required. The Board provides executive level visibility into ongoing projects and corporate function assistance when necessary. Each review will cover the following key criteria: Customer satisfaction, budget maintenance, schedule adherence, technical innovation, contract compliance, and staff productivity. NAVSEA management staff will be invited to participate in these reviews as appropriate.
M-Square Systems Inc
- Role: Prime Contractor. Overall Program Management; Engineering Process Support; System Design Documentation; Network O&M; RM&A; System Safety; CM Support; QA Support; IS/IA/IT; Acquisition Logistics; Supply & Provisioning; Training; Public Affairs and Multi-media.
- Special Strengths: Proven program management processes, 15+ years of information technology consulting.
- Company Overview: Founded in 2005 as a minority-owned business. Headquartered in Jersey City, NJ with two project offices across the US and in India. Employs ITIL, CISSP, PMP, and Six Sigma certified staff as well as Microsoft and Cisco system/network engineers.
Our Partners & Sub-Contractors:ASSURSEC, LLC
ASSURSEC, LLC (“ASSURSEC”) is an Information Technology Services and Management Consulting firm that brings together decades of knowledge of federal space, in-depth expertise of Cyber Security Best Practices and passion for delivering exceptional service within budget and time.
ASSURSEC subject matter experts aspire to provide best value solution for the government clients. We continually develop a trusted partner relationship that reflects similar values in mission goals. Whether it is an established program or project that needs a new set of eyes to improve the process, reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) or increase the return on investment (ROI), or an idea that needs to be developed from inception to full life-cycle maturity… we are always there to support creativity, technical implementation and management strategy.
We Care. We Understand. We Deliver. …and that is the Bottom-line. Period!
Point of Contact : Gurpreet Brar
Address : 202 Church Street SE, Suite 315, Leesburg, VA 20175
Phone : (571) 420-0489
Email : gurpreet(at)assursec.com
Website : www.assursec.com
LLC Information : FEIN: 27-1356457
CAGE Code: 644J9
SWaM-DBE (VA) Certified (692480)
DOD Secret/Top Secret clearances
Registered in SAM
- Contracting Agency:US Navy
- Contract Number:N00178-16-R-4000
- Contract Type:IDIQ
- Prime or Subcontract:Prime
- Period of Performance:April 2016 – April 2019
- Ceiling: $2.21B
- Task Order Types: FFP, CPFF, Cost Reimbursable ODCs
- Task Orders: None to Date
For More Information
M-Square SeaPort-e Program Manager
Email – Muthu.n(at)msquaresystems.com
Phone – 703-222-5500
M-Square Contract Administrator
Phone – 212-941-6000
For information about the SeaPort-e contract, visit the U.S. Navy website at: http://www.seaport.navy.mil/