What role does BI plays?
BI addresses the specific business and technical challenges faced by government agencies — including legacy systems, large data volumes, data quality and consistency, diverse sets of users and data security.
- Turn data into information that inspires understanding and reduces the manual manipulation of reports.
- Empower analysts with user-driven Business Discovery capabilities that enables them to quickly and easily explore data in a natural way.
- Aggregate and analyze high volumes of data from multiple, disparate sources.
- Search across all data quickly to see the big picture and make better decisions to support the mission.
What is Business Intelligence?
Business Intelligence Method
- Advanced analytics
- Mutli Dimensional
- OLAP-Online AnalyticalProcessing on complex data
- Mining Visualization
- Data Warehousing
Business Intelligence trends in
- Social Media
- Advanced Analytical
Cloud-based business intelligence model DHS can now access business intelligence functionality in a software as a service model via a private cloud, paying only for the resources it uses.
- Predictive Analytics
- Visualization/Dashboards Master Data Management
- The Cloud
- Analytic Databases
- Mobile BI
- Open Source
- Text Analytics
- Activities performed by end users in online systems
- Specific, open-ended query generation
- Ad hoc reports
- Statistical analysis
- Building DSS applications
- Modeling and visualization capabilities
- Special class of tools
- DSS/BI/BA front ends
- Data access front ends
- Database front ends
- Visual information access systems
- Organizes and employs information and knowledge from databases
- Statistical, mathematical, artificial intelligence, and machine-learning techniques
- Automatic and fast
- Tools look for patterns
- Simple models
- Intermediate models
- Complex Models
- Technologies supporting visualization and interpretation
- Digital imaging, GIS, GUI, tables, multi-dimensions, graphs, VR, 3D, animation
- Identify relationships and trends
- Data manipulation allows real time look at performance data
What does Data Analytics mean?
- Data analytics refers to qualitative and quantitative techniques and processes used to enhance productivity and business gain.
- Data is extracted and categorize to identify and analyze behavioral data and patterns, and techniques vary according to organizational requirements.
Its broadly classified into
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA), where new features in the data are discovered, and
- Confirmatory data analysis (CDA), where existing hypotheses are proven true or false.
- Qualitative data analysis (QDA) is used in the social sciences to draw conclusions from non- numerical data like words, photographs or video.
Relational Data (Tables/Transaction/ Legacy Data)
Text Data (Web)
Semi-structured Data (XML)
Social Network, Semantic Web(RDF), …
You can only scan the data once